Gamer Girl Games Code of Conduct and Harassment Policy
Ethics & Conduct
All of the following constitute grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund:
- Violating any federal, state, or local laws, facility rules or convention policies
- Failure to comply with the instructions of Gamer Girl Games Event Staff or security personnel
- Using anything in a threatening or destructive manner against person or property
- Endangering the safety of oneself or others
- Threatening, stealing, cheating or harassing others
If you experience or witness any of the above, please seek out Gamer Girl Games Event Staff or Security to report the incident. If you can’t locate an Event Staff member, please report the incident to Hotel staff.
No Harassment Policy
Gamer Girl Games is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and positive experience for everyone. All persons are expected to follow the code of conduct and work to provide a great convention experience.
Gamer Girl Games will not tolerate harassment, and reserves the right to revoke badge privileges, remove from the premises, and/or contact law enforcement regarding anyone found to be contributing to an unsafe or hostile convention environment.
We ask you to remember that boundaries and comfort levels vary from person to person. Do not assume that a behavior you would find acceptable is therefore acceptable to another person. It is each individual’s responsibility to obtain definitive consent from another person for anything that involves that person. The absence of expressed consent must be treated as refusal. It is likewise every individual’s right to dictate their own boundaries and be respected.
What Constitutes Harassment?
Harassment is generally any behavior that alarms, threatens, demeans or excessively annoys another person or group. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, and false accusations of harassment. Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
How to Handle Harassment
If you feel that you are being discriminated against or harassed, or if you notice anyone behaving inappropriately (such as violating convention or hotel policies), we respectfully suggest the following:
- If you feel comfortable doing so, calmly point out the inappropriate behavior to the person(s) involved. Often this will solve the problem immediately.
- If you do not feel comfortable doing so, ask a friend or fellow gamer to speak to the person(s) involved on your behalf.
- If you do not feel comfortable talking with the person(s) involved, if talking to them does not resolve the issue, or you are still uncomfortable with the situation please report the situation immediately to any Gamer Girl Games Staff member.
If possible, when reporting please provide a name, and/or physical description of the person(s)involved when reporting an event. Remember that we need information so we can act on any unfortunate incidents during the event to make everyone’s experience a positive one!
If you feel that you are unsafe or being harassed, please approach any Gamer Girl Games staff member. Your safety and comfort are important to us.
We are very excited to bring you a fun and safe gaming experience. We look forward to seeing you at the con!